Las Vegas mass shooting

Re: Las Vegas mass shooting

Postby Little Texan » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:49 pm

Johann Shmidt wrote:
Zahzoo wrote:I find the conspiracy bullshit and fake news machine impressive in how quick it came up... but I dismiss all of that crap as utter bullshit. 1 guy on the 32nd floor... a bunch of guns and hundreds of lives shattered.

Everything that's emerged about the shooter and his planning/preparation points to an extreme one-off as far a mass murders go. The only thing that adds up is this was a highly intelligent, older guy who meticulously planned and executed this all by himself in complete secrecy. No political, religious fanaticism or even outwardly recognizable psychological warning signs. Just pure evil on a scale that is extremely rare...

I don't expect an understandable motive for this will emerge...

This shooting had a lot in common with the Texas Tower shooting in the 60s. The shooter in that case was highly intelligent and was prone to have violent outburst as well. An autopsy (that he requested in a note he wrote before he nutted up) revealed he had a brain tumor that could have contributed to his mental issues.

That's the first thing that popped into my head, too, before all of the sleep deprived conspiracy idiocy last week. :mrgreen: I believe the guy in the UT shooting was using a rifle and killed 15. Imagine how many people that nut would have killed with the kind of weapons this Paddock asshole had at his disposal?
Little Texan
Headliner

Postby Funkmonkey » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:33 am

Little Texan wrote:
Johann Shmidt wrote:
Zahzoo wrote:I find the conspiracy bullshit and fake news machine impressive in how quick it came up... but I dismiss all of that crap as utter bullshit. 1 guy on the 32nd floor... a bunch of guns and hundreds of lives shattered.

Everything that's emerged about the shooter and his planning/preparation points to an extreme one-off as far a mass murders go. The only thing that adds up is this was a highly intelligent, older guy who meticulously planned and executed this all by himself in complete secrecy. No political, religious fanaticism or even outwardly recognizable psychological warning signs. Just pure evil on a scale that is extremely rare...

This shooting had a lot in common with the Texas Tower shooting in the 60s. The shooter in that case was highly intelligent and was prone to have violent outburst as well. An autopsy (that he requested in a note he wrote before he nutted up) revealed he had a brain tumor that could have contributed to his mental issues.

That's the first thing that popped into my head, too, before all of the sleep deprived conspiracy idiocy last week. :mrgreen: I believe the guy in the UT shooting was using a rifle and killed 15. Imagine how many people that nut would have killed with the kind of weapons this Paddock asshole had at his disposal?

Just a question: Did any news source confirm that all of those 23 guns found in Paddocks hotel room were actually fired?
Brass Monkey. That funky monkey! https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=drjGn_JpTOk
Funkmonkey
Pit Boss

Postby Johann Shmidt » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:26 pm

I agree but there is a chance he was influenced by Antifa. I think the ISIS bullshit is bullshit. Some of the youngsters around here think there were multiple shooters from different rooms in the Mandalay Bay but if there were everyone looking in that direction when the sun came out would see more broken windows. Most hotels in Vegas don't have windows that open because some people who lost a shitload of money gambling would jump out of them. Either that or they don't want you smoking marijuana in their hotels and blowing the smoke out the window. That's what somebody told me when I stayed at The Plaza Hotel in Old Town Las Vegas about ten years ago.
Johann Shmidt
Headliner

Postby Johann Shmidt » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:56 pm

What do you think about this new time line stuff. I find it inconceivable the suspect shot the security guard and shot 200 rounds through the door 6 minutes before he starting shooting into the crowd without additional response from security or the police. Unless the rooms in the Mandalay Bay are completely soundproofed somebody would have heard something and called security or 911. I haven't actually seen anything other than the time line change stuff. Was the security guard who was shot unconscious or totally incapacitated by his leg wound?
Johann Shmidt
Headliner

Postby Johann Shmidt » Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:03 pm

I'd like to hear what time security or the police found out about the security guard being shot and why they took so long to get the shooter. I don't think I'll be planning any trips to Vegas in the near future.
Johann Shmidt
Headliner

Postby Funkmonkey » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:02 pm

I would also like to see the recorded hotel closed circuit camera footage of Paddock carrying in a half ton of fire arms, ammunition, electronic surveillance equipment, cameras, and power tools to drill holes and install his own cameras, plus all the alleged Antifa crap that was supposedly littered all over the hotel room. Bet you either the hotel or the Clark County Sheriff's office says they can't release the hotel camera footage due to "privacy concerns".

What's the over/under on how many times the investigator's story is going to change?
Funkmonkey
Pit Boss

Postby Little Texan » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:08 pm

Johann Shmidt wrote:I'd like to hear what time security or the police found out about the security guard being shot and why they took so long to get the shooter. I don't think I'll be planning any trips to Vegas in the near future.

I'm never attending any events with huge crowds underneath tall buildings.
Little Texan
Headliner

Postby Funkmonkey » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:13 am

Johann Shmidt wrote:I'd like to hear what time security or the police found out about the security guard being shot and why they took so long to get the shooter. I don't think I'll be planning any trips to Vegas in the near future.

I read a snarkey comment on one of the Vegas shooter articles talking about how long it took either hotel security or the Police to get to Paddock after he starting shooting up the place. The comment went, "Steal a stack of chips on the gambling floor, and see how fast security responds."
Funkmonkey
Pit Boss

Postby Johann Shmidt » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:34 pm

Funkmonkey wrote:I would also like to see the recorded hotel closed circuit camera footage of Paddock carrying in a half ton of fire arms, ammunition, electronic surveillance equipment, cameras, and power tools to drill holes and install his own cameras, plus all the alleged Antifa crap that was supposedly littered all over the hotel room. Bet you either the hotel or the Clark County Sheriff's office says they can't release the hotel camera footage due to "privacy concerns".

He took the stuff to the room in suitcases a couple at a time over a period of days. One of the stories I read said there were approx. 10 suitcases in his room. I heard he also had access to the freight or service elevators but I don't think that's been confirmed. I can't figure out why he needed or thought he needed 23 guns but I imagine shooting 100 rounds (assuming those were 100 round clips) in a short period of time probably overheated them. He probably did a lot of prior planning and knew the guns would overheat. Has it been confirmed who were the first ones who got into the room and if he was shot by them or committed suicide? At this point I don't think the police are confirming anything.
Johann Shmidt
Headliner

Postby Johann Shmidt » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:49 pm

Now they're saying the cops got to the 32nd floor 20 minutes after the suspect opened fire on the crowd and he was done shooting. First I heard he was shooting into the crowd for 2 hours then I heard it was 1 hour. Now it's only 20 minutes but 20 minutes is still a lot of time considering the rate of fire. I have also heard the hotel didn't immediately inform the police there was a shooter on the 32nd floor. I don't think the cops could have stopped the suspect from firing into the crowd even if they were notified 6 minutes before but they could have stopped him a lot sooner than they did.
Johann Shmidt
Headliner

PreviousNext

Return to General discussion forum