Retro Lounge Garage

Re: Retro Lounge Garage

Postby DONNIEP » Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:45 pm

There's gonna be some cool cars crossing the block next week.
DONNIEP
Chairman of the Board

Postby Johann Shmidt » Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:54 pm

I thought 442 stood for 4 barrel, 4 speed and positraction. Why did they put a 3 speed in that one? Also I thought they had big blocks but I could be mistaken.
Johann Shmidt
Headliner

Postby Johann Shmidt » Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:18 pm

This article might be a little off. I found a site called http://www.classicoldsmobile.com says only 15 1972 olds convertibles came out with 3 speed manual transmissions. Also 442 stands for 4 speed 4 barrel and dual exhaust.
Johann Shmidt
Headliner

Postby DONNIEP » Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:31 pm

Gas Monkey F40 Heading Across The Auction Block Next Week At The Barrett Jackson

http://www.gtspirit.com/2014/01/03/fast-n-loud-ferrari-f40-heading-to-barrett-jackson-auction/

The completely restored and completely unique Ferrari F40 transformed on hit TV show Fast N’ Loud is heading to Barrett-Jackson’s January 12-19th Scottsdale auction.

As you would imagine, this true one off comes with a reserve price which has yet to be revealed. However, expect it to be well above $1 million. For those that didn’t know, this Ferrari F40 started off life as a regular red F40. However, it was crashed with just 7,148 miles on the clock.

The guys at Gas Monkey Garage, Richard Rawlings and Aaron Kaufman purchased it for $400,000 and set about completely transforming and repairing it. They stripped it down to the chassis and strengthened and fixed the damaged frame. The build was helped by Stuart Singer an expert in Ferrari restoration and M. Luongo, a leading tech-head and certified Lamborghini and Ferrari repairer.

Turned into the world’s only Ferrari F40 fitted with some upgraded turbocharges for the 2.9-liter V8 engine, the Ferrari F40 by Gas Monkey Garage now delivers 550hp. Additionally, it features a completely unique black finish along with some custom black HRE wheels. It also includes new LED headlights and ditches the pop-up lights of the normal Ferrari F40.

Stay tuned to GTspirit to get any updates about how the auction goes when it kicks off on January 12th!

DONNIEP
Chairman of the Board

Postby DONNIEP » Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:36 pm

Take a look at that last picture, the one of the interior. Look at the headliner. Does that look like it belongs in a million dollar car? Sure, it's an easy fix. My best friend's auto upholstery shop could replace it in an hour and a half probably. 150 bucks, tops, most likely. My point is this - if you're gonna cut obvious corners like that, on something that jumps out at you when you first open the damn door, where else are you cutting corners? I know for a fact that the frame isn't to spec because they had to use a hammer to beat the firewall in to make parts fit in the engine bay. They showed them whacking the shit out of it with a hammer, lol.

Million dollar car? Only if you are a supreme freaking idiot. Oh sure, these cars have climbed in value after they bottomed out a few years ago. But a million will buy you one that's never been totaled and has probably been factory refurbished within the past year or so. But some rich dude will buy it, that's for sure. Why, I have no idea. Besides, the headlite change was retarded and they only did it to save time and money. Makes you wonder about the rest of the car...
DONNIEP
Chairman of the Board

Postby Johann Shmidt » Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:04 pm

Not a big fan of gas monkey or any of those restoration shows other than the one where they fix the cars from the junk yard and resell them. They offer people chump change for their cars, patch them up and resell them. If I was going to pay what they claim they sell them for I'd want a car that had been completely taken apart and put back together again and I would never pay more than 50,000 for any car. If I ever got rich I'd open as many animal shelters as I could instead of wasting money on overpriced death traps.
Johann Shmidt
Headliner

Postby DONNIEP » Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:28 pm

Schmidt has a heart?? I knew it!
DONNIEP
Chairman of the Board

Postby Johann Shmidt » Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:43 pm

The real one didn't. I'm just getting soft in my old age. I don't even get violent when I drink too much anymore. I rarely drink because I'm already depressed mosty of the time. I'd like to get the fuck outta here but I got nowhere to go.
Johann Shmidt
Headliner

Postby DONNIEP » Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:06 pm

Geez, it was freaking freezing cold here yesterday, overcast, looked like it was gonna rain all day. Today - not a cloud in the sky and in the mid 50s. Time for a quick spin with the top down! Where the hell is summer time??? I'm sick of this cold weather!
DONNIEP
Chairman of the Board

Postby Mr. Fantastic » Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:49 pm

DONNIEP wrote:Geez, it was freaking freezing cold here yesterday, overcast, looked like it was gonna rain all day. Today - not a cloud in the sky and in the mid 50s. Time for a quick spin with the top down! Where the hell is summer time??? I'm sick of this cold weather!

Our winter hasn't been too bad but we are down on the snow pack. Not good. We have been in drought conditions for years. California is going to be a real mess if they don't get moisture this summer. I've pretty much lived in cold climates my whole life. It would be nice to just kick it in warm weather and ride motorcycles all year long. I was having a good time on my Harley this fall and it was hard to put it away for winter. I loved going for rides at sunset.
Mr. Fantastic
Headliner

PreviousNext

Return to General discussion forum