Donnie's Kick Ass Taco Bell Can Suck It Quesadilla Recipe!

Donnie's Kick Ass Taco Bell Can Suck It Quesadilla Recipe!

Postby DONNIEP » Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:46 pm

Ok, everybody here knows that DP used to be a Taco Bell fan. Ever since they started using that Devilly cilantro rice in just about everything they sell, there's not much there I can eat. But one thing that hasn't really changed is their steak or chicken quesadillas. TB has a spicy sauce they put on there, some flavored steak (Yes, it's real steak), and cheese. And they're actually really good for a quick run through a drive thru. But...as fate would have it, TB let me down again last week and in the midst of an especially awesome rant I made the proclamation that TB could suck it!

Now, there's these two shops in Gatlinburg called All Sauced Up. You'd think they're likker stores but in reality they sell over 4,000 varieties of sauces, dips, dip mixes, you name it and they got it. Except for Mad Anthony sauce. The guy's distributor really needs to expand to The South. But anyway, when you walk in they've got samples set up all over the store, along with pretzels or tortilla chips or little slices of bread or whatnot to dip or spread their stuff on so you can actually check out the different flavors and stuff. I love the damn stores. And as luck would have it, the very first dip they had on display on Thursday was this Southwest Dip:

So I stuck me a pretzel in there and fell in love. Here in this magic jar was a sauce that not only approximated the TB quesadilla sauce, it freaking blows it away! Spicy, but not too much, and has an incredible flavor. I'm telling the girls they have to try it and one of the chicks says "It's perfect on quesadillas!" And suddenly I had found the key to happiness in life.

I grabbed me a jar of this stuff, along with a butt load of other stuff the girls wanted, and this evening we made steak quesadillas. I picked up some inexpensive steak at The Walmart, some tortillas, some Kraft shredded Mexican Style Cheddar Jack cheese. You can use whatever kind of cheese you like best but the Kraft stuff melts pretty evenly.

So this evening I chopped up my steak into little pieces and browned it. Then I sauteed it in some Mexican seasoning that I throw together myself. Then you take your Southwest Dip and spread it on both tortillas and toss some cheese on there. Looks like this:

Now, at this point I toss that half of the quesadilla in the microwave for about 12 seconds. The reason I do this is because I don't have a quesadilla maker so this sucker is going in my favorite frying pan with just a little spray of butter flavored cooking spray. You can use real butter, I do that sometimes too. But if I just stick the whole thing in the pan, it takes so long to melt the cheese that the tortilla gets kinda burned. So I premelt the cheese in the microwave and toss that half in the pan. Once the tortilla is the way I want it, I slide that one out, hit the pan with a little more butter spray and in goes the other half and I slap the first half on top of it. Don't worry, your stuff won't fall off cause you've got it all nice and melted. Oh, and put the Southwest Dip and some cheese on the other half first before you stick 'em together.

When it's done it looks like this:

DONNIEP
Chairman of the Board

Re: Donnie's Kick Ass Taco Bell Can Suck It Quesadilla Recip

Postby DONNIEP » Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:55 pm

And how does it taste? Well, Taco Bell really can suck it because my new bad ass quesadilla blows their crap away! The sauce is amazing when it mixes with the steak and the cheeses and it's just delicious. Two quesadillas at TB will run you 7 bucks (or more) and the steak was only like 6.50 a pound. So HA! Take that, faggity Taco Bell!

Now, this stuff would be awesome on all sorts of things: burritos, tacos, breakfast burritos, anything you want to add a little southwest/mexican kick to! It ain't cheap - it's 10 bucks for an 11 ounce jar but 11 ounces goes a long damn way if you're using it as a spread and not a dip. And since you guys aren't lucky enough to be blessed to live in The South, here's the link to the website where you can buy this directly from the manufacturer. It's made right here in the States, just like God Almighty Hisself intended and it's just awesome.

http://www.robertrothschild.com/product/product-details.aspx?prodid=287&name=Southwest+Dip
DONNIEP
Chairman of the Board

Postby Johann Shmidt » Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:24 pm

I got my own kick ass easy to make quesadilla recipe. Drain one can of cooked chicken (the kind that looks like tuna) and dump it into a skillet. Use your spatula to chop it into smaller pieces as you warm it up a little. Once you've got it chopped up drain one can of Rotel and pour half of the can into the skillet with the chicken. Warm it up a little without mushing it up too much. Set a corn or flour tortilla onto a griddle, cover it with a thin layer of cheese, then a layer of chicken and Rotel then more cheese. heat up both sides until the cheese is totally melted and the tortillas are cooked to your liking. Put it on a plate, cut it into slices like a pizza with a pizza cutter and top with sour cream and/ or quacamole. I use Wholey Quacamole and mix in sour cream. I use the same mixture of chicken and Rotell for burritos and tacos. I add drained pinto beans to my burritos. Sometimes I add a little spanish rice too. I usually do rice first, then beans, then chicken mix, then cheese, then my quac mix. Then I roll it up like a big fat doobie and commence scarling.
Johann Shmidt
Headliner

Postby Mr. Fantastic » Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:38 pm

I haven't eaten at a Taco Bell in about 20 years. There are so many good Mexican places around why bother? I leave most the cooking to my wife. I do the dishes.
Mr. Fantastic
Headliner

Postby Funkmonkey » Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:47 am

There's a Mexican restaurant in town run by an Indian family. I'm not sure which part of India they're from. There are no Hispanics in the kitchen. The food is decent, but the service is outstanding. You're treated like royalty from the second you walk in, until you leave the parking lot.
Brass Monkey. That funky monkey! https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=drjGn_JpTOk
Funkmonkey
Pit Boss

Postby Little Texan » Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:54 pm

Funkmonkey wrote:There's a Mexican restaurant in town run by an Indian family. I'm not sure which part of India they're from. There are no Hispanics in the kitchen. The food is decent, but the service is outstanding. You're treated like royalty from the second you walk in, until you leave the parking lot.

Along the same lines, every Chinese restaurant around here has Mexicans cooking the food. I think it would be hilarious if the roles were reversed and Chinese people were cooking Mexican food.
Little Texan
Headliner

Postby Funkmonkey » Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:43 pm

Little Texan wrote:
Funkmonkey wrote:There's a Mexican restaurant in town run by an Indian family. I'm not sure which part of India they're from. There are no Hispanics in the kitchen. The food is decent, but the service is outstanding. You're treated like royalty from the second you walk in, until you leave the parking lot.

Along the same lines, every Chinese restaurant around here has Mexicans cooking the food. I think it would be hilarious if the roles were reversed and Chinese people were cooking Mexican food.

Outstanding! :clap:

Check it out. The big Asian grocery stores here, especially the Korean stores, employ a majority of Hispanics who appear quite new in town if you know what I mean. The Koreans who run the stores can't speak English. So you have to talk to the Hispanics to find the kimchi or fish aisle because they speak English better than the Koreans.
Funkmonkey
Pit Boss

Postby Zahzoo » Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:09 am

Little Texan wrote:

We got that here... Chinese restaurant was losing business due to crappy food. So the Chinese guy converts it to a Mexican restaurant... now it's crappy Mexican with crappy shrimp tacos. I have no idea how he affords to keep that place open. It's only open for lunch 3 days a week and I never see more than 3 cars parked out front.
Zahzoo
Minister of Mayhem

Postby Funkmonkey » Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:02 am

His family might live in the back room of the restaurant and sleep on the floor.
Funkmonkey
Pit Boss

Postby Zahzoo » Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:58 pm

Nah he owns 4 apartments and 3 office spaces next to the restaurant.
Zahzoo
Minister of Mayhem

Next

Return to Great Food & Drinks