Diamond David Lee Roth

Get Yo Groove On

Re: Diamond David Lee Roth

Postby Funkmonkey » Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:58 pm

DONNIEP wrote:
Funkmonkey wrote:I'd be happy with hearing some of the John 5 recordings.

I think those were laid down two years ago. Chances of them coming out now are pretty slim but I'd love to be able to buy them. I don't get it, the guy has a studio at his house and he's at Henson studios all the time so why not cut some new songs and put them out there on iTunes or whatever? Maybe it's because he can't do it like he used to, who knows.

Wait, I think the John 5 recordings were more than 2 years ago. Oh wait, it was two years ago. Lowery announced it July 2014

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/john-5-says-that-he-has-made-an-incredible-new-album-with-david-lee-roth/
Brass Monkey. That funky monkey! https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=drjGn_JpTOk
Funkmonkey
Pit Boss

Postby DONNIEP » Sat Oct 08, 2016 1:23 pm

Yeah, Von told me about it before it came out in the press. John told Von about it off stage at a show he was at, while they were hanging out. And here we are, at least two years out since they cut the tracks and Dave still hasn't released them. Not even played them during one of his Roth Shows. John told Von Dave probably couldn't release them due to "contractual reasons" and Von specifically asked him if it was due to VH contractual issues and he nodded yes. Now, supposedly Dave is no longer any sort of contract with VH and if that's true he could release them. But who the hell knows. I don't get much new info from Von because Dave doesn't have many friends left, if you know what I mean.
DONNIEP
Chairman of the Board

Postby Funkmonkey » Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:30 pm

Well, Dave doesn't care much about having friends, he's more about his next experience. He's the classic eccentric millionaire.
Brass Monkey. That funky monkey! https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=drjGn_JpTOk
Funkmonkey
Pit Boss

Postby Zahzoo » Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:30 pm

Zahzoo
Minister of Mayhem

Postby DONNIEP » Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:40 pm

I read it. I was bored to death by the end. Can't the guy just make a record and tour? You know, go do that thing that people actually want to pay him money to do.
DONNIEP
Chairman of the Board

Postby Little Texan » Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:52 pm

Whatever happened to the EEAS reunion? I thought they were going to reschedule it and try it again after the fire marshal shut them down?
Little Texan
Headliner

Postby DONNIEP » Sun Oct 16, 2016 2:44 pm

Little Texan wrote:Whatever happened to the EEAS reunion? I thought they were going to reschedule it and try it again after the fire marshal shut them down?

David Lee Roth happened. That guy can't seem to pull anything together. The boys in the band said they were up for it and it was up to Dave. And we see what Dave did with that excitement and actual buzz it created in the media: nothing. Nada. Zilch. That sound crickets make.

And that show would have happened if Dave hadn't pulled his stupid rock star stunt of showing up with Vai (I think it was Vai), letting the crowd outside see him, then having the driver circle the block a few times. Why? Because he's an idiot. What he should have done was show up extra early, come in from the rear all secret agent like, then hit the stage and do the gig. Instead he shows up with Vai, everybody knows he's there now, wastes time, and the crowd goes insane and the fire marshal pulls the plug.

Honestly, looking back on it now, I wish Ralph had just done the singing and they'd left Dave out altogether. Ralph knows all the words, doesn't act like a complete homo fag, and actually sounds like Dave used to sound, better actually. Instead we got nothing at all. Which is pretty much what Dave gives us all the time. Unless you consider the Roth Shows and his idiotic blog entertainment.
DONNIEP
Chairman of the Board

Postby Zahzoo » Sun Oct 16, 2016 2:51 pm

So many missed opportunities.

The next album name...
Zahzoo
Minister of Mayhem

Postby DONNIEP » Sun Oct 16, 2016 4:19 pm

Zahzoo wrote:So many missed opportunities.

The next album name...

Yeah, and you'd think he'd be more inclined to get things rolling since he definitely ain't getting any younger and that show actually made news around the world. It's like Dave sabotages himself every chance he gets. I'm surprised the guys in the band agreed to the show in the first place. Dave doesn't have many friends left and he burns bridges with everybody. And that's coming from someone who was there for years and I ain't talking about Von.
DONNIEP
Chairman of the Board

Postby Mr. Fantastic » Sun Oct 16, 2016 4:27 pm

Then you got Sammy Hagar who not only doesn't waste an opportunity. He makes opportunities. Sam is still on fire and has been a success in other things than just music. He gets out and jams and has fun. Dave hides away like a recluse. Dave is like someone who inherited a trust fund.
Mr. Fantastic
Headliner

PreviousNext

Return to Music