Guns - Let's See 'em!!

Play Time!

Guns - Let's See 'em!!

Postby DONNIEP » Sun Aug 16, 2015 5:20 pm

Ok, I can't remember if we have a guns thread here or not. I know we had one at the Goat board. Since then I've sold off most of my collection - sometimes life gets in the way and you gots to cash in. The only two I regret selling was my 10mm Colt and my Ruger .44 magnum. Anyways, I was down to just my 24 year old SNS (Saturday Nite Special) 9mm Bryco and my Winchester SXP personal defense shotgun. Well, I decided not long ago to rebuild the collection with just a few pieces. And here is my first purchase - a Smith & Wesson M&P 9mm.

DONNIEP
Chairman of the Board

Re: Guns - Let's See 'em!!

Postby DONNIEP » Sun Aug 16, 2015 5:46 pm

Now, that's a full size pistol, 4.25 inch barrel, 16 round magazine. So that's 17 rounds of death if you have load one in the chamber and then top off your mag - which you should always do. And that's the holster I carry it in: the Blackhawk SERPA. Not only is it a bad ass looking holster, it has a serious retention system. Meaning your pistol ain't gonna fall out or be easily grabbed by some moron.

DONNIEP
Chairman of the Board

Postby DONNIEP » Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:23 pm

Like I said, that's a full size pistol. So unless you're wearing some sort of jacket or giant sweatshirt...it's kinda hard to conceal if you carry it on your hip. I always carry on my left hip, mainly because I've never really used a shoulder rig for anything other than carrying while hunting. So this gun is kinda hard to conceal. I do have a Concealed Carry Permit, so it's cool when I'm wearing a sport coat - like today when I went to church. But this is the South and it's hotter than hell outside in the summer and I mostly wear shorts and T shirts or polo shirts or what have you. So when I go out with this sucker, it's carried openly. See, open carry is legal in my state. Meaning that so long as you can legally obtain a permit, you can openly carry just about everywhere, except of course for the places it's prohibited. Now, I don't strap on the mag carrier pictured above - that's just for the range.
DONNIEP
Chairman of the Board

Postby DONNIEP » Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:30 pm

My next purchase will be a S&W M&P 9mm Shield. It's pretty much the same pistol that you see above, but it's smaller and much thinner. So you can more easily slip a T shirt over it.

I'm also about to pull the trigger, so to speak, on an M&P 15. I want an AR and the M&P is just too good of a value to pass up. Then I really want to get another 10mm pistol. The round is just such an effective round, and most people don't have them so they're pretty damn cool in that respect. Then I'm thinking a .357 magnum and that should pretty much round out the collection for now.
DONNIEP
Chairman of the Board

Postby Mr. Fantastic » Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:30 pm

Guns. What are those?
Mr. Fantastic
Headliner

Postby Johann Shmidt » Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:45 pm

I sold my Henry rifle a couple years ago because I needed the money. First gun I ever bought brand new. It was only a lever action 22 but it was the straightest shooting rifle I ever owned. Had a vintage Winchester Model 94 30/30 but I sold it to a buddy when I moved to Oregon. I own a vintage 22 pistol but a friend in Cali has it in his gun safe. It belonged to my grandfather. I inherited it when my mother died. I have a Winchester 370 single shot 12 guage and a Clerke 22 revolver now. The Clerke needs new grips but otherwise it's in good condition. Clerke made cheap Saturday Night Specials that sold for less than $50 new in the 70s. My brother has a few guns including two 9mm automatics for home protection. Not sure what brand they are but they're nice guns. I'll probably sell the shotgun because I have no use for it here. If it was a semi auto I'd keep it for home defense. I didn't have much use for it in Cali either but it was great for blasting water jugs and watching them explode.
Johann Shmidt
Headliner

Postby Little Texan » Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:56 pm

All I have is a Remington 1100 12 gauge shotgun I bought several years ago at a garage sale for $200. I'm in the market for a Mosin Nagant as soon as I can find one around here. My dad has had one for 30 something years that was customized and is a beautiful gun. He's used it for hunting deer, and he's shot a few with it.
Little Texan
Headliner

Postby Johann Shmidt » Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:20 pm

Little Texan wrote:All I have is a Remington 1100 12 gauge shotgun I bought several years ago at a garage sale for $200. I'm in the market for a Mosin Nagant as soon as I can find one around here. My dad has had one for 30 something years that was customized and is a beautiful gun. He's used it for hunting deer, and he's shot a few with it.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Mosin-Na ... 710007.uts
I think a few of my friends have those. Big5 Sporting Goods sells old rifles like that dirt cheap once in awhile. Do they have Big5 in Texas?
Johann Shmidt
Headliner

Postby Johann Shmidt » Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:36 pm

After further research I think my friends have SKSs. They bought them for about $50 a piece at Big5.
Johann Shmidt
Headliner

Postby Little Texan » Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:58 pm

Johann Shmidt wrote:
Little Texan wrote:All I have is a Remington 1100 12 gauge shotgun I bought several years ago at a garage sale for $200. I'm in the market for a Mosin Nagant as soon as I can find one around here. My dad has had one for 30 something years that was customized and is a beautiful gun. He's used it for hunting deer, and he's shot a few with it.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Mosin-Na ... 710007.uts
I think a few of my friends have those. Big5 Sporting Goods sells old rifles like that dirt cheap once in awhile. Do they have Big5 in Texas?

I've never seen one if there is. I knew that Cabela's had Mosin Nagants, but the nearest store to me is Ft. Worth, and I really don't want to drive that far.
Little Texan
Headliner

Next

Return to Gadgets & Games