The Future - Glass

Postby Zahzoo » Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:43 am

Interesting and not too far fetched...

phpBB [video]
Zahzoo
Minister of Mayhem

Re: The Future - Glass

Postby Funkmonkey » Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:02 pm

I like the flexible display glass so that you roll up and carry with you a very large display. The benefit would be to carry an 80 inch TV rolled up under your arm. No idea how it's powered or how secure it is. In fact, most of the really interconnected devices like the displays embedded in the counter, TV, wall, fridge, kind of scare me for potential hacking but also worry me from a psychological standpoint always being connected to the internet. I wouldn't want an electric range; I want the intense heat from a nat gas flame. But where was the exhaust fan for the electric range in the video? I absolutely do not want that car. Again, don't like how super connected it is. And if that somebitch drives itself, I don't want any part of it. I hate the dynamic road signs that show motion and light because they are a distraction, and I'd lose my signs if the power went out. I dig on the home theater. But what's the use in all-weather surface glass on a phone? Of course the glass is all-weather; what I'm worried about is getting weather inside my phone through the side buttons, recharge jack, or headphones jack.
Brass Monkey. That funky monkey! https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=drjGn_JpTOk
Funkmonkey
Pit Boss

Postby DONNIEP » Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:01 pm

There was a movie, space movie I think, couple years back where the characters had flexible roll up screens. Of course they got the idea from the real tech that was being developed at the time. But it was really cool.
DONNIEP
Chairman of the Board

Postby Funkmonkey » Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:52 pm

Maybe I'm getting old, or just cynical, but all the connected tech just screams Big Brother to me. And/or at least one big hacker-fest field day. "Ok, um, car, take me to the store. No, not into one-way traffic!!!" Whatever...
Brass Monkey. That funky monkey! https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=drjGn_JpTOk
Funkmonkey
Pit Boss

Return to Gadgets & Games