Retro Digital Watch!

Play Time!

Retro Digital Watch!

Postby DONNIEP » Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:00 pm

So I was looking around for a certain Hughes watch that was worn on Battlestar Galactica and then I got off searching for vintage Pulsar digitals and then actually searched for retro digital watch and I found this. It looked all Battlestar Galacticaish so I figured why not - 14 bucks on Amazon with free shipping. Now I've flipped more fake Michael Kors watches than I care to remember so I figured it would be a complete piece of shit. Well, I was wrong. Yeah the clasp is your typical cheap Chinese folder that comes on most cheap Chinese watches, but it locks and doesn't pop open. So that's a plus. And the damn thing actually functions! Time, date, 24 or 12 hour, seconds, and it has little recessed buttons on one end that I have no idea what they do lol. But I think it's cool as hell looking and that's all I care about.

DONNIEP
Chairman of the Board

Re: Retro Digital Watch!

Postby DONNIEP » Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:02 pm

Here's a shot of it not lit up. It only shows the time for 2 seconds when you hit the button.

DONNIEP
Chairman of the Board

Postby DONNIEP » Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:05 pm

Anyway, it's a cool piece that has a definite 1970s futuristic look to it. My daughter thinks it looks ridiculous but hey what does she know? Lol
DONNIEP
Chairman of the Board

Postby Funkmonkey » Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:39 pm

Doesn't that get annoying that you have keep pushing a button to get it to tell you the time?
Brass Monkey. That funky monkey! https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=drjGn_JpTOk
Funkmonkey
Pit Boss

Postby DONNIEP » Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:10 pm

Nah. It's kinda cool to have to hit the button for the time. It's just like the old school digitals worked. And it's the same way an iPhone works - you have to hit the button to see the time.
DONNIEP
Chairman of the Board

Postby Funkmonkey » Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:25 pm

That's something that annoys me about iPhones, that and you always have to keep checking it. They don't have a light like Blackberry that tells you there is mail or messages waiting. If you miss the chime, then you miss it. There's all kinds of digital watches that you don't have to wake it up to get the time. Wakie wakie eggs and bacie!
Brass Monkey. That funky monkey! https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=drjGn_JpTOk
Funkmonkey
Pit Boss

Return to Gadgets & Games