NASCAR

Beat the Competition

NASCAR

Postby Zahzoo » Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:25 am

Today starts 6 days of testing at Daytona for all 3 of NASCAR's top series!!!

Here's the 2014 Schedule:

Date Race/Facility Net. TV Start Start Radio
15-Feb *DAYTONA INTERNATIONAL SPEEDWAY (SPRINT UNLIMITED) FS1 8:00PM 8:00PM MRN/SIRIUSXM
16-Feb *DAYTONA INTERNATIONAL SPEEDWAY (DAYTONA 500 QUALIFYING) FOX 1:00PM 1:00PM MRN/SIRIUSXM
20-Feb *DAYTONA INTERNATIONAL SPEEDWAY (DUELS) FS1 6:30PM 7:00PM MRN/SIRIUSXM
23-Feb DAYTONA 500 FOX 12:00PM 1:00PM MRN/SIRIUSXM
2-Mar PHOENIX INTERNATIONAL RACEWAY FOX 2:30PM 3:00PM MRN/SIRIUSXM
9-Mar LAS VEGAS MOTOR SPEEDWAY FOX 2:30PM 3:00PM PRN/SIRIUSXM
16-Mar BRISTOL MOTOR SPEEDWAY FOX 12:30PM 1:00PM PRN/SIRIUSXM
23-Mar AUTO CLUB SPEEDWAY FOX 2:30PM 3:00PM MRN/SIRIUSXM
30-Mar MARTINSVILLE SPEEDWAY FOX 12:30PM 1:00PM MRN/SIRIUSXM
6-Apr TEXAS MOTOR SPEEDWAY FOX 2:30PM 3:00PM PRN/SIRIUSXM
12-Apr DARLINGTON RACEWAY FOX 6:00PM 6:30PM MRN/SIRIUSXM
26-Apr RICHMOND INTERNATIONAL RACEWAY FOX 6:30PM 7:00PM MRN/SIRIUSXM
4-May TALLADEGA SUPERSPEEDWAY FOX 12:30PM 1:00PM MRN/SIRIUSXM
10-May KANSAS SPEEDWAY FOX 7:00PM 7:30PM MRN/SIRIUSXM
17-May *CHARLOTTE MOTOR SPEEDWAY (NASCAR SPRINT ALL-STAR RACE) FS1 7:00PM TBD MRN/SIRIUSXM
25-May CHARLOTTE MOTOR SPEEDWAY FOX 5:30PM 6:00PM PRN/SIRIUSXM
1-Jun DOVER INTERNATIONAL SPEEDWAY FOX 12:30PM 1:00PM MRN/SIRIUSXM
8-Jun POCONO RACEWAY TNT 12:00PM 1:00PM MRN/SIRIUSXM
15-Jun MICHIGAN INTERNATIONAL SPEEDWAY TNT 12:00PM 1:00PM MRN/SIRIUSXM
22-Jun SONOMA RACEWAY TNT 2:00PM 3:00PM PRN/SIRIUSXM
28-Jun KENTUCKY SPEEDWAY TNT 6:30PM 7:30PM PRN/SIRIUSXM
5-Jul DAYTONA INTERNATIONAL SPEEDWAY TNT 6:30PM 7:30PM MRN/SIRIUSXM
13-Jul NEW HAMPSHIRE MOTOR SPEEDWAY TNT 12:00PM 1:00PM PRN/SIRIUSXM
27-Jul INDIANAPOLIS MOTOR SPEEDWAY ESPN 12:00PM 1:00PM IMS/SIRIUSXM
3-Aug POCONO RACEWAY ESPN 12:00PM 1:00PM MRN/SIRIUSXM
10-Aug WATKINS GLEN INTERNATIONAL ESPN 12:00PM 1:00PM MRN/SIRIUSXM
17-Aug MICHIGAN INTERNATIONAL SPEEDWAY ESPN 12:00PM 1:00PM MRN/SIRIUSXM
23-Aug BRISTOL MOTOR SPEEDWAY ABC 7:00PM 7:30PM PRN/SIRIUSXM
31-Aug ATLANTA MOTOR SPEEDWAY ESPN 7:00PM 7:30PM PRN/SIRIUSXM
6-Sep RICHMOND INTERNATIONAL RACEWAY ABC 7:00PM 7:30PM MRN/SIRIUSXM
14-Sep CHICAGOLAND SPEEDWAY ESPN 1:00PM 2:00PM MRN/SIRIUSXM
21-Sep NEW HAMPSHIRE MOTOR SPEEDWAY ESPN 1:00PM 2:00PM PRN/SIRIUSXM
28-Sep DOVER INTERNATIONAL SPEEDWAY ESPN 1:00PM 2:00PM MRN/SIRIUSXM
5-Oct KANSAS SPEEDWAY ESPN 1:00PM 2:00PM MRN/SIRIUSXM
11-Oct CHARLOTTE MOTOR SPEEDWAY ABC 7:00PM 7:30PM PRN/SIRIUSXM
19-Oct TALLADEGA SUPERSPEEDWAY ESPN 1:00PM 2:00PM MRN/SIRIUSXM
26-Oct MARTINSVILLE SPEEDWAY ESPN 1:00PM 1:30PM MRN/SIRIUSXM
2-Nov TEXAS MOTOR SPEEDWAY ESPN 2:00PM 3:00PM PRN/SIRIUSXM
9-Nov PHOENIX INTERNATIONAL RACEWAY ESPN 2:00PM 3:00PM MRN/SIRIUSXM
16-Nov HOMESTEAD-MIAMI SPEEDWAY ESPN 2:00PM 3:00PM MRN/SIRIUSXM
Zahzoo
Minister of Mayhem

Re: NASCAR Preseason Thunder Kicks Off

Postby Zahzoo » Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:32 pm

Wow!!

Dale Earnhardt Jr.'s crew chief, Steve Letarte, is reportedly stepping down at the end of this season to become a TV analyst for NBC Sports.

According to Sirius XM's Dave Moody, Letarte is expected to be the play-by-play announcer with Rick Allen and driver Jeff Burton for the NBC broadcasts in 2015.

A longtime Hendrick employee, Letarte joined Earnhardt Jr. as crew chief in 2011. They have one Sprint Cup win together, at Michigan in 2012. Earnhardt Jr. and Letarte have made the Chase for the Sprint Cup the past three seasons.

Prior to pairing with Earnhardt Jr., Letarte worked as crew chief for Jeff Gordon, also at Hendrick, earning Chase berths from 2006-10. He joined Gordon as crew chief after the 26th race of the 2005 season, and they earned a win six weeks later.

Letarte joined Hendrick Motorsports in 1995 at the age of 16 and worked on Gordon's crew for all four of his championships.
Zahzoo
Minister of Mayhem

Postby Zahzoo » Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:23 pm

Top tweets from today's testing...

They're testing at Daytona International Speedway. They're also Tweeting. Check out some of the best Twitter posts that we've seen so far.

Kevin Harvick got a good look at Danica Patrick's rear end.

Danica's rear end!!! Haha!! I had to say it!! http://t.co/HS0OzGV3vA
— Kevin Harvick (@KevinHarvick) January 10, 2014

Patrick fired back with a joke of her own.

.@KevinHarvick good thing @StenhouseJr really likes you! ...I thought it was just smoke that had a thing for butts?!
— Danica Patrick (@DanicaPatrick) January 10, 2014

Delana Harvick has an idea of how to get her husband off Danica's tail.

Hope she crop dusts you... �� RT @KevinHarvick: Danica's rear end!!! Haha!! I had to say it!! http://t.co/VQTUyjEOMe
— DeLana Harvick (@DeLanaHarvick) January 10, 2014

Then, Patrick throws boyfriend Ricky Stenhouse Jr. under the bus. Maybe a Gas-X sponsorship would help that problem?

.@DeLanaHarvick @KevinHarvick if only there was a way!!!! I bet @StenhouseJr could help me with that one!
— Danica Patrick (@DanicaPatrick) January 10, 2014

Elsewhere, Rusty Wallace was excited to get back behind the wheel of the No. 2. Really excited.

You think he's excited? @RustyWallace is ready to go. @MillerLite #TheOriginal pic.twitter.com/rneMYLU6Gr
— Team Penske (@Team_Penske) January 10, 2014

This caught the "attention" of the NASCAR parody accounts, and they "sprang" into action.

I hope Rusty remembers where the gear shifter is or he could end up really hurting himself.
— Orange Cone (@TheOrangeCone) January 10, 2014

Typical #NASCAR - a few hours into preseason, and everyone's ALREADY talking about Johnson. pic.twitter.com/YC3VcoYwm8
— nascarcasm (@nascarcasm) January 10, 2014

Rusty Wallace: "it's a helluva hot rod, no doubt about it. Oh, the car is great too."
— NASCAR Wonka (@NASCAR_Wonka) January 10, 2014

Speaking of Wallace, Clint Bowyer had a zinger for the NASCAR Hall of Famer.

Cool to see @RustyWallace back in a car. Sure hope they custom made his visor with Bifocals! ��
— Clint Bowyer (@ClintBowyer) January 10, 2014
Zahzoo
Minister of Mayhem

Postby DONNIEP » Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:33 am

My NASCAR mobile app just updated Thursday. I can't freaking wait for this season to get kicked off!! Maybe next year at this time me and ZZ will be rich interwebz moguls and we can go down to Daytona to see it up close! Who knows, we might even be a sponsor at that point! I can see it now, right on the rear bumper of Jr's car - Old Geezer Media. :lol:
DONNIEP
Chairman of the Board

Postby Mr. Fantastic » Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:54 am

Instead of Go Daddy. ZZ's car will be the Old Granddaddy. LOL! Nothing like seeing a bright orange bourbon burner going around the track.
Mr. Fantastic
Headliner

Postby DONNIEP » Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:50 pm

Old Grand-dad! That's perfect!! And since ZZ really is a grand paw then it's a perfect fit!
DONNIEP
Chairman of the Board

Postby DONNIEP » Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:14 pm

Finally!! The boys are runnin' at Daytona! Tonite, tomorrow nite, then next Thursday nite gets things really cookin! I cannot wait!!
DONNIEP
Chairman of the Board

Postby DONNIEP » Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:17 pm

Well, the Sprint Unlimited wrapped up a little bit ago. It used to be called the Busch Class, then the Bud Shootout. Pays 200 grand I think. No points and they don't run their Daytona 500 cars so it's bring back the trophy or the steering wheel, lol. Denny Hamlin won, so now that we've got that out of the way...

The cars have a little bigger spoiler on em. And the ride height is different along with other changes. And damn if NASCAR didn't get it right. Remember how last season the cars couldn't really pass or move forward very much? Well you can kiss that goodbye. They ain't bump drafting anymore - it just wasn't working tonite. But damn if they can't get a run and make some moves!! Those guys were trading places like crazy. It was freaking exciting again!

Now, about Danica...she was running damn good. She got took out after a wreck she avoided. I was watching her recover and said "damn, all she needs is four tires" and BAM!! Her boyfriend slams into the driver side of her car and rips the skin off the whole damn side. It was a hard damn hit. And she was pissed. Stenhouse later admitted he couldn't see (hood was all bent up) when he hit her. Had no idea who or what he hit. Now, I know they're supposed to try to get back to the pits to get em fixed. But if you can't see then how the hell are you gonna avoid the guys on pit row?? So I say that was a dipshit move for him to be accelerating that hard when he couldn't even see. Dumbass. My favorite announcer, Mike Joy, says "well, it's a good thing Valentine's Day was yesterday"...hahahahahaha!!

Jr. got wrecked. He got hit by Ambrose and after the wreck he gave Ambrose several good shots. He later admitted he was just pissed and it looks like it wasn't Ambrose's fault. But it was damn good to see Jr give another driver a couple of shots!! Come on Jr!! Show those sumbitches what you got man!!! Oh, and yeah, he's won three Bud Shootouts so don't even say he can't drive. He just needs to keep the momentum going he built up last season. And take them damn gloves off, son! You're 40! It's time to whoop some ass and put some of them sumbitches in the wall if you have to! "Sometimes it turns out bad...and sometimes you win races". That's straight out of the mouth of the Intimidator himself! So kick some ass Jr!!

Now, back to Hamlin. He damn sure deserved that win. The guy was running from the back to the front, moving up and taking the lead and then when he was in the back he moved right back up. Hell, most of the drivers were able to do that. And that's one hell of an improvement over last year's yawn fest.

So that was tonite. Qualifying is tomorrow. Racing starts back up next Thursday. And then it's on babayyyy!!! Hell YEAH!! NASCAR is back!! So say it with me...JR!! JR!! JR!! JR!! JR!! JR!! JR!!!

Oh yeah, and screw you Kyle Busch!!
DONNIEP
Chairman of the Board

Postby Johann Shmidt » Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:48 pm

I was going to start a Daytona 500 thread but this is good enough. The race is on. I gotta go watch it. I just saw Rusty wallace was going to race. Cool . He's alright but he's not my fave driver. I'd like to see JR or Danica win. Petty would shit himself if she did. I predict Austin Dillon wins. Number 3 will be back on top this season. That youngster was born to win. So was Jr but he needs to be more aggressive like his daddy was. Whe Dale got soft he quit winning. But he was always a threat at Daytona and Talladega. He was running 3rd right before he died at Daytona and he let Micheal Waltrip win. Too bad it cost him his life but he sure handed the baton to Jr when he saw he was ready to take it. You couldn't write a more ironic ending to a movie about a person like that.
Johann Shmidt
Headliner

Postby Zahzoo » Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:49 pm

I hate rain delays... but due to family stuff I haven't missed much!!
Zahzoo
Minister of Mayhem

Next

Return to Sports